College of the Canyons
26455 Rockwell Canyon Road
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
Thursday, October 13
6:00 pm- 8:30 pm
-- OR --
Saturday, October 15
9:30 am- 12:00 noon (ROOM 205)
-- OR --
Tuesday, October 18
6:00 pm- 8:30 pm (ROOM 312)
Step 1:Fill the Form
Step 2:Select Payment method
Step 3:Proceed to Payment
-- OR --
Please call 661-347-6161 for More Info.
Whether you're single,married,divorced,or widowed,there may be ways to maximize the lifetime Social Security benefits you receive
Social Security is one of the most valuable and least understood benefits available to retirees today.Advance planning is essential,and the decisions you make now can have a tremendous impact on the total amount of benefits you stand to receive over your lifetime
This educational workshop will provide you with much needed information to help you understand the system,coordinate spousal and survivor benefits,minimize taxes,and maximize your personal benefits
It's important to have a good understanding of these issues:
- Is "file and suspend" really gone ?
- How married couples can coordinate benefits to help enhance spousal benefits while earning delayed retirement credits
- Claiming a spousal benefit while earning delayed retirement credits
- How working could affect your benefits,and the tax ability of Social Security benefits
- How claiming early worker benefits could lower your spousal benefits at full retirement age
- The effect of remarriage on survivor benefits for widowed and divorced spouses
Know What You Can Do
So You Know What You Should Do
One of the most important sessions you need to make before you retire is when and how to claim Social Security benefits.About half of retirees apply for Social Security as soon as they become eligible at age 62,but by closing so,they may significantly and permanently impact their income and benefits for the rest of their lives,The difference between the best and worst possible decisions of when to start Social Security can be well over $100,000!
Learn important rules that affect the amount of retirement benefits you collect,as well as strategies for coordinating Social Security with other sources of retirement Income!
- When your benefits may begin,and how the age at which you apply will affect the amount you receive
- How to maximize Social Security benefits and minimize taxes on them
- Strategiesto consider before deciding to apply for benefits
- How your current employment will affect benefits
- What to do if you have other income from pensions or IRAs, too
- What is the future of Social Securityand what it means to you
- When it makes sense to delay benefits -and When it does not
- How the wrong Social Security decision can cost you money
- How two little known strategies could increase your family income and survivor benefits.
- Can you fix your Social Security election if you made a mistake?
- How cost-of-living adjustment (COLAs) impact benefits
- Learn how all of your assets fit together with Social Security to fund your quality of life in retirement